Recept av Turkish Cuisine Week recipes
TURKISH CUISINE WEEK RECIPES
- 450 gramfine bulgur
- 1 tsk(teaspoon) salt
- 600 mlwater, hot
- 1 stmedium onion, grated
- 2 tsk(teaspoons) red pepper flakes
- ½ tsk(teaspoon) cumin
- 1 msktablespoon tomato paste
- 8 stspring onions, finely chopped
- ½ knippe(bunch) parsley, finely chopped
- 3 stmedium tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 5 stlong green peppers, chopped into small pieces
- 100 mlolive oil
- 2 stlemons, juice of
- 1 stromaine lettuce, rinsed and leaves divided
Kisir is a favorite in many Turkish homes. A fresh and satisfying dish that goes just as well with
the barbecue buffet as it does on its own. Fresh vegetables, onions, parsley, mint – the varieties
of this dish are almost as many as there are people in Türkiye since many Turkish families have
their own special twist on how to make Kisir.
1. Pour 600 ml hot water over the bulgur in a bowl and add salt, then stir, cover with a lid and
leave to soak for 15 minutes.
2. Once the bulgur swells add the grated onion, red pepper flakes, cumin and red tomato paste,
then mix gently.
3. Add the spring onion, parsley, dill, tomatoes and green peppers. Then add olive oil and lemon
4. Transfer to a serving plate, serve with the rinsed lettuce leaves or cooked cabbage leaves.